Friday, September 23, 2011

Would be late, but I'm a wizard.

I was originally going to apologize about my tardiness in updating you all on my latest forays into the Netherlands sector of the Wizarding Worlds Exchange Programs (that is what I signed up for, right?), except wizards are never late, so this is a moot point.

So, since I last updating everyone, a lot has happened, namely 14 days worth of living. School continued, I went to orientation (by train, and didn't get lost and it was a ton of fun if not very orientating), more school happened, I made chocolate chip cookies by chopping all the chocolate up, went to a meeting on Sunday in a different town by the beach with all the other exchange students in the area (also by train, and this time I accidentally took a train going in the wrong direction but got there eventually), then more school happened and it is now Friday. Today I made pancakes for dinner because Truus and Piet were out, and they were delicious, except I didn't get the butter soft enough. I won't tell you how many I ate, mostly because I didn't count. I also had a violin lesson, which was nice, and am auditioning for an orchestra next week.

That's pretty much it. In some ways I feel like I'm starting to settle into the culture, in some ways not but it'll come with time. School's hard with the language barrier, but that's going away, and the material is all really easy except Dutch class and Econ, which I don't know. I've been meeting new people too, so no worries about me being a complete loner!

With love,

Irene

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this post was, entirely, run on sentences with too, many, commas. Please don't judge me too harshly- it's Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you Irene! Mr. T and I had dinner with your lovely parents last weekend while Jeff was out of town. I'm glad you're settling in. Some parts of a new culture get easier and some don't. At least that's what I found living in Ecuador. Parts of the experience I loved and parts were always challenging. Overall, it was incredible. I hope you find the same in the Netherlands. Know we're thinking about you and sending you love!

    ReplyDelete